Office of University Relations and International Affairs
Welcome to the Office of International Affairs homepage, your gateway to information on our university’s exciting international activities. We here at the Office of International Affairs recognize the increasing importance of globalization, and are dedicated to ensuring that SUMS gains access to the many benefits associated with a rapidly global and interdependent world. Through our work, SUMS students, faculty, and staff are regularly exposed to rich internationally-related experiences which consistently help strengthen SUMS’s reputation as a leading medical university within Iran and the greater Middle East. The undertaken duties of the office are as follows:
- Prepare relevant documentation and provide appropriate funds for SUMS academic staff attending scientific congresses abroad.
- Prepare relevant documentation for all sabbatical leaves.
- Coordinate all national congresses held at SUMS.
- Coordinate all international congresses held at SUMS.
- Coordinate all activities between SUMS and the Office of International Affairs within the Ministry of Health.
- Coordinate all activities between SUMS and the Office of International Affairs within all other leading Iranian universities.
- Provide regularly updated information on national congresses held outside SUMS.
- Coordinate all activities between SUMS and international institutions such as international organizations and foreign universities.
- Ensure that foreign guests visiting SUMS are treated appropriately and provided with all necessary services (e.g. visas, meals, accommodation, transportation, and tours in and around Shiraz).
- Prepare all initial work related to accreditation and financial support (Melli Trust) for academic staff wishing to participate in foreign congresses.
- Prepare annual reports on the work conducted by our office for the Ministry of Health.
- Coordinate the availability of foreign language courses offered by the Iranian Language Institute for SUMS academic staff.
- Provide regularly updated information to SUMS students and academic staff on how to obtain funding from various international agencies.
- Facilitating and supporting visa applications for faculty members and postgraduate students
- The Office of Scientific Exchange for Iranian Professionals (OSEIP) is a new subdivision within the Office of International Affairs whose mission is to promote the development of strong and lasting scientific collaborations between SUMS and Iranian scientists throughout the world.